Thursday, July 19, 2007

If I could only turn back time...

How time flies! Yet at times, how it drags on and on... Well, it's just another one the ironies of life. It's been two years now since I graduated from high school, am in my second last semester of college and now I'm in my final year of teenage. How time flies!

I still remember the time when I first heard of the term 'blog' (what a queer word!) and how I wonder why would anyone post their diary on the net for everyone to see. Well, here I am, 'blogging'! Anyway, I don't think I am actually posting my diary on the net for everyone. It's just that, there are so many things that have happened in my life in the recent years. Things that I really wanna share with the people around me, yet we never even have time to greet each other on certain occasions. It is also because there are some views on certain issues which I would like to voice it here (after all, it's the voice of an alien!).

Being in college is a new phase of my life, but it is not as smooth-sailing as i thought it would be. College life is totally foreign to me, and I stepped into it and found myself dazed. As I have said, it didn't actually sail on smoothly. Along the way, I made many stupid decisions, all of which I now regret. One of the reasons, I guess, is because I was not well equipped to stand up to the challenges.

If I could only turn back time, I would have done things differently. If I could only turn back time, I would have undone many of my mistakes and do them all over again. As it is part of life, we never, or seldom, get a second chance to undo the things we've done. Well, come to think of it, what a spoil-sport it would be if we can redo and undo the things we did! We will never bother to get things right the first time round. Just imagine life to be like the movie 23:59, where time keeps turning back for us until we get things right. How boring life would be then! As it is, life if full of excitement, because we get to live it once, onlt but once. "Scarce goods are precious". If we were to live our lives like a video tape, where we can rewind and play it again, it will be life minus the colours, equals life in black and white.

Fortunately for you and I, we are given a chance to do things right the second time round-- not going back to the past to correct the wrongs, but to make the right choices in the future. I truly thank God for His grace, mercy and patience with me, for forgiving me after i mess things up time and again. Along the way, I have also picked up precious lessons that I will treasure for life. Some of them are:

  1. Hold on to your principles and never be swayed by emotions.
  2. If your heart tells you that something is not right, it probably isn't. Trust your heart! Maybe God is trying to get your attention.
  3. (Well, we may not wanna admit this, but let's face it...) Parents are right 99.99% of the time. Listen to them!

As I continue my journey in life, I vow never to repeat the same mistakes again!

"God may not always give us answers, but He always gives us grace"

No comments: