Sunday, September 9, 2007

10 things

Lately with the funeral and all, I can't help being overcome by the notion of death. I can't help feeling how fragile our lives are and how uncertain tomorrow is. I may be here today, but I can't vouchsafe that I'll still be here tomorrow. In fact, I am not even sure I will be here the next second. Same goes to my loved ones; I do not know how long they will be with me, and this scares me. Of course, songs like "If Tomorrow Never Comes" and "Live Like You Were Dying" enhance this depressing notion. So, I decided to come up with this list:

10 things I wanna do if I have only 1 month to live:
  1. Fall in love
  2. Experience campus life in US
  3. Go bungee-jumping, ab-sailing and white water rafting
  4. Join MV Doulos
  5. Attend Passion Conference
  6. Take Dad to Disneyland in Florida
  7. Take Mum to Switzerland
  8. Make a will so that my books and my bears do not fall into the wrong hands
  9. Catch up with old friends
  10. Confess to my parents all the things that I've done behind their backs

These, of course, are in random order. I used to have a similar list that I made sometime back when I was in school. Comparing the previous one to this one, there are significant differences. Things that matter most to me last time has now become rather insignificant, and other things have taken their places. My priorities have changed.

Today's sermon in church was about setting priorities. It is really ironical that it is usually in circumstances as such- when we are contemplating the subject of death- that we actually begin to set our priorities right. Only in times like these when we truly see what matters most in this fragile life.

Hey, here's a challenge to make this list for yourself. List down ten things and you see what you cherish most in life. I can't wait to this on your blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dorcas!! Well, i surely didn't think that u like extreme sports!! That's really an interesting goal!! Well, next time if u go for this kind of activities, dun forget to ajak me also, hehe!! No la, just joking, dun need to la!!