Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Surprised by God

So, I am surprised by God... once again. Was it unexpected? No. Was I caught offguard? Yes. How is that even possible? Don't ask me, I don't know. Humans are just bundles of contradictions, and that is really what I am.

Sometimes, I just wish that He quits jumping out from behind the bush, because I really thought I was going to have a heart attack everytime He does that. But at times, I am also thrilled at the idea of Him showing up at my doorstep with flowers on an unexpected day.

However, I have come to realise that they all come in a package. There is no picking out just the good ones nor can you dismiss the not-so-good ones. They are all in the same package. It is a situation where you either take it, or you leave it.

Yet everytime, just as I thought I was sure of my destination, He took me on a detour. He brought me up to the mountain peak and down to the valley deep. He took me for a walk in the rose garden; I smelled some roses and pricked my fingers.

But there are two things that I can always know for sure: 1) I always gain something from the experience, be it a pleasant surprise or not-so-pleasant one. It is either a fresh scent of roses or a bloody finger. 2) If He leads me to it, He always leads me through it!

Perhaps it's time to brace myself for more surprises in the future!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

David Beckhem Said:"You will go through tough time. It's about coming through that."

or maybe Fenando Alonso F1 story there are the Updsssss and Downsssss.

That Life..

"Life is good, in some how, some ways that the reason is too great for human to understand."

God Bless.

-Δορκας- said...

who's this 'anonymous'? Please leave your name, at least, when you post a comment on my blog. I'm very particular about it, just so you know... That's why I moderate the comments.

Anonymous said...

I happen to came across your blog, and yuor article pick up my interest.(I'am just a blog browser) I'am learning still learning..

If my not welcome here. I respect you.

thank you.

God bless.

Prodigal Son.

-Δορκας- said...

Hey there! no offences, dear. comments are always welcome, so long as people do not post junk on my blog. but I do not appreciate anonimity. Would be glad if you can leave your name, at least. That's all I'm asking for... :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.

New Jo-Lyn said...

heyo jolyn here girl! hw hv u bin? i miss d cf times with ya. my blog is jazzedbanana.blogspot.com. May God bless u.xoxo