Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Church hunting

Never in my life have I dreamt that I will have to go church-hopping and church-hunting. Definitely not here at Liberty! It is indeed ironical that I am church-hunting when I am in a Christian school with two churches meeting on campus. Truth is, the churches here are mega-churches. No, not like KLBC, but at least ten times the size of KLBC! Yes, I mean it literally! It is really hard to get involved in a church that huge, and I do not want to just attend church every Sunday and then leave right after service. Part of my act of worshipping is serving Him, and at the same time, I also believe that it is easier for me to grow in a smaller church.

So, I began church hopping and church hunting. But to tell the truth, I did not quite know what I was looking for. It was unrealistic to look for a church that is exactly like my home church, because I will never find one. Yet, I knew that I had to settle down. Because if you hop for too long, you will soon get tired of it, and you will quit moving altogether. It was then that I found Living Word Baptist Church. It was like KLBCC in some ways, but it is not completely the same either. Let's see:

Similarities:
1. It is about KLBCC's size.
2. It has a lot of children.
3. It has an imperfect worship team. (Praise the Lord for that!)

Differences:
1. It is certainly not as welcoming as KLBCC. But then again, I was at the other end of the welcome.
2. The pastor is never the first one to be in the hall every Sunday.
3. The order of worship is certainly different.

Well, I guess I cannot ask for more. It takes time to get used to something. It took me 18 years to feel absolutely at home in KLBC(C). I guess I have four years to get used to Living Word. Praise the Lord for that!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can do that...
im sure...
=)

child_of_God said...

yo deer! hows the grass there? lolz. anyway, i used an exerpt from this post in a post in my blog. Are you ok with it? You can go to my blog and see it.

-Δορκας- said...

the glass here is definitely greener! ;-) literally! sure! quote me...

child_of_God said...

lol..ok..thx...the 'glass' is greener...?:P

-Δορκας- said...

ooh... I meant 'grass'. sorry! typo..

-Δορκας- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
child_of_God said...

lolz. yeah..i know..juz wanted to poke some fun. :P nyuk nyuk