Friday, August 24, 2007

Viva la Italia!

My parents have gone to Port Dickson for a staff retreat and my brothers and I are home alone! interesting... Whenever anyone hears of this news, the first thing they ask is, "How about your meals?" No sweat, fellas, we can cope. We are going Italian! Actually, we decided to indulge ourselves in 'fine Italian dining'. Where, you may ask... Well, I will disclose the venue later. The menu for the day is as follows:

appetizer
Chicken and Mushroom soup
Toast with butter

main course
Spaghetti with Bolognese mushroom sauce plus extra cheese

dessert
***
drinks
Green and Red Apple Juice

It seemed like a pretty nice menu to me, although the dessert was missing and the food was served in topsy-turvy order. Main course came first, then the appetizer, followed by the drinks. Oh, by the way, if I have yet to tell you where we had Italian food, it was at 30, Jalan Pandan Indah 16, Pandan Indah. Yup, at my home! I cooked the soup, Samuel made the main course with my counsel, made the toast and the juices. Joseph, of course, did the washing and cleaning up.

It was fun and we spent more than an hour eating and preparing the food and messing the kitchen up. *oops!* I wish I could share with you guys our culinary masterpieces, but unfortunately it didn't occur to me to take any picture of them. Well, we didn't plan to have such a scrumptious meal. The initial plan was just to have spaghetti, but it turned out to be so extensive. wow!

Actually, the thing I enjoyed most was not the food. Frankly, if a culinary chef were to rate the food, he will probably give them a 3 on a scale of ten, that is if he even wants to try the food. It is actually the time we spent together; just the three of us, catching up on each other and bonding. Just putting aside all the differences and coming together and laugh and play (we unconsciously spent a lot of time quarrelling, you know). Moments like these are really rare. So, it makes my day all the more special and wonderful.This is the most precious gift I obtained today. Of course, the Italian dining is a complement.

No comments: