Thursday, September 20, 2007

Anyway

"God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
When I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I pray it should
But I do it anyway"

This is the chorus of a new song by Martina McBride. I like it so much. Things happen and we think that by praying, we always get what we want. But as this song says, things just don't turn out the way we want it to be sometimes. However, in all things, the best that you can do is to trust Him who has the best plan for your life. What a comfort!

"You can pour your soul out singing
A song you believe in
And tomorrow they'll forget you ever sing
Sing it anyway"

This last verse is also an encouragement for me. How many times have we done things that do not seem to be noticed and cherished by others? Countless! We stand up for something we believe in, and we are confronted with objections. Just as I encountered recently. Our confidence and our assurance may be swayed. However, what you really must do is to ascertain what you believe in is true, and HOLD on to your principle! It doesn't matter if no one else notices what you do, or disapproves of it, what matters is that it is pleasing to our Heavenly Father.

Now you see why Martina McBride never ceases to be one of my favourites!

No comments: