Tuesday, November 20, 2007

officially 19

And I've officially turned 19! As I am writing now, I am precisely 19 years, 23 hours and 32 minutes old. I almost cannot believe that I've lived for 19 years. It sounds like such a long time... that's almost 2 decades, you know.

How was my day, you may ask. It was okay.... Nothing exceptional, as I am resigned to the fact that my life is a routine. However, yesterday, I was reminded of just how rich I am.

The very first birthday wish came all the way from Australia (1am Aussie time), from a friend whose birthday I do not even know. Then, at presicely 12 midnight, my best friend's wish came. From then on, my phone never stopped beeping. Even 'someones' (is that the plural for someone?) tried to go against convention and sent in their wishes at precisely 00:00 November 21, so that they will be the very last persons to wish me (and I thought they had forgotten). Well, they succeeded!

Most amazing thing is that my friends back in secondary school were the very first ones to send in their wishes, some of whom whose number I do not even have. How very nice of them to remember me....

See, I am indeed a very rich person, don't you think? Rich, not of worldly richest, but because of the many people around me who cares about me. People whom, at times, I have overlooked...

Man, I feel so special and pampered!!

Oh, and there was this very special gift from the other half of my class.... Maybe one day you guys will get to see it.

No comments: