Saturday, January 26, 2008

Journey of Madness

This is a journey of madness. A journey that goes beyond all reason and logic. A journey I've been on for a very long time, so long that at times I've forgotten how I began in the first place. Sometimes, along the way I pause, and I take a long hard look at how far I've come. And I give myself a pat on the back. A much needed pat to spur myself on. Sometimes, along the way I pause and I take a good long look, only to realise that I've not travelled that far after all.

But then again, how do I measure the distance? By whose yardstick do I measure it? Do I have to fall on my knees with tears streaming down my face somewhere along the way just to leave a landmark?

It has been so long now, that I can no longer remember how hard it was to get the journey started, or perhaps there was no hardship at all when the journey began. I can hardly remember how it all began. Yet, I was reminded of it time and again, so that I do not lose sight of my destination.

I was told that the mountains and valleys along the way help you grow and that they keep you fit for the rest of the journey. But what if there were no mountains and no valleys? Do you still grow? Or perhaps there were. Perhaps I got so used to them that they just became yet another routine for me. Perhaps I got around them instead of getting over them.

Of course, I wonder just what does it take to get over the mountains and the valleys. Maybe I'll have to leave some bags behind. Maybe I'll have to leave all my bags behind. Just how much am I willing to leave behind when the time comes? That question still remains.

No comments: