Saturday, December 6, 2008

Les Mademoiselles!

Living in close proximity with almost 70 other girls, I guess one just cannot help but to be, well, girly. So, here's a panorama of some scenarios captured in a girls' dorm.

I know bribery is absolutely wrong, but bribing with chocolate... is that a sin? Wait, is that even bribery?
So Rosemary wanted to go carolling to the brother dorm. Obviously, none of us was too interested in that. As a result, she ended up with no one on her side. And it is definitely not cool to go carolling alone! (Is that pathetic or what?) Finally, she had to resort to bribing Terron with chocolates to get some company on the little carolling trip. Anyway, the whole thing ended rather pathetically.
Well, this led to another problem. The rest of the girls who did not go carolling were making plans to have a movie night in our room, and they were upset that Terron agreed to go carolling, thus making us wait for her. So, in order to keep them occupied while she went carolling, Terron paid the girls in chocolate to have them make her bed and clean her part of the room.
Is this CRAZY or what?

So, moving on, my next door neighbour (literally!) is getting married! And as we all should probably know, getting married is not just an affair between two persons, but rather, it involves two families. Yes, she does have to deal with her in-laws, that is, future in-laws.
Yesterday, she ran into my room, looking for Terron to "hold her hand". I thought I heard her wrongly. The most gutsy girl in the dorm (she's a criminal justice major!) wants someone to hold her hand. And since Terron was not in the room, the task fell upon my shoulders.
Naturally, as anyone else would, I asked her what was going on. She said that she was about to give her mother-in-law a call. Then she sat down and started writing out a script for the telephone conversation. No kidding! The girl who stands up in class to debate with the lecturer is actually writing out a script for a conversation with her mother-in-law! Seriously, I was laughing my head off.

Oh well, I guess we are all the same inside, that girly side of ours. For some, it may be obvious and well-displayed, and for others, that girly side may be disguised and hidden under a facade of toughness and independence. Join the club, ladies!

6 comments:

Kai Seng said...

finally sme updates!!=)
iwas laughing too..
ican imagine the scenery....
hahahahaha~~~
=P

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... XD!!
A girl who studies law don't even know what to tell her in-laws... lol!!
Haizz.... a leopard will never loses it's spots... girls will always be girls... always have the same girly character no matter how smart,how tough, how brave... etc .... they are..
I wonder will you be like her one day.. hehehe.. XD

-Δορκας- said...

I think I will do better than her, Sam. Definitely! I do not need a script at least, because I am just gonna smile and nod and say 'Yeah!'. Smarter, huh?

I just realised that only guys commented on this post. Where are the girls?

-Δορκας- said...

I think I will do better than her, Sam. Definitely! I do not need a script at least, because I am just gonna smile and nod and say 'Yeah!'. Smarter, huh?

I just realised that only guys commented on this post. Where are the girls?

Kai Seng said...

girls r busy making phone calls or writing scripts??
hahahahaha~~

Anonymous said...

Ok.. maybe you don't need a srcipt, but I guess you'll still do what girls will do when come to this sort of situation... =)

Hahaha... Kai Seng perhaps you are right!! =D And probably some of them are busy holding their friends hands too.. hehe.. =P