Monday, October 8, 2007

2/365

What a weekend!! Saturday morning, I had to wake up at 6am and go all the way to Subang Jaya to sit for my SAT. I reached there about 7am, checked out my seat and classroom and found myself sitting in front of Ian (as always, because of our names), and then went for breakfast at McD. What a lousy McD! The percolator, or something like that was not working and all that they could give us was Milo. We were fine with that, really, and we asked for iced Milo. Then they made us wait at least 15 minutes before the food arrive and it really annoys me since there was only 45 minutes left to the time of my exam. And when the 'iced Milo' finally came, it was Milo + ice in two different cups. Can't they understand simple English?

My SAT.... Well, that room was freezing cold and I was not allowed to switched seats as we were arranged in a certain order (which I really don't think this is the case, since no one led me to my seat). I was shivering all through the exam and can't even sit up properly. Just hope that it didn't affect me adversely..... The questions.... hmm... essay was fine, but I feel that the last paragraph I added in at the last minute was pretty lame and not very convincing. Anyway, it was not as bad as the reading section. There were so many big words!!! Goodness me! How was the paper over all? I really don't know. I've learnt not to place expectations on myself, as I have been disappointed a number of times previously. Just wait and see, I guess.... But the most extraordinarily pleasant thing was that Rodney actually remembered that I sat for my SAT on Saturday and he e-mailed to ask me how was it! How nice of him!

Then right after the test, after dropping Ian off at a bus station, we rushed back home to have our lunch, to shower and then rush down to Crowne Plaza Mutiara for the Friends Forever practice before our church 9th Anniversary Building Fund Raising Dinner. Even after all the rushing, we were more than an hour late. The jam... my goodness.... was just not perceivable! And then the second practice at 5pm was such a mess! People forgot their lines, forgot the dance steps, and was just lost on stage. Everyone started to feel the pressure and the stress and we just freaked out. Some even broke down and cried, including one who was the most unexpected. However, everything turned out well. In fact, it was VERY GOOD. Indeed, way beyond any one's expectations. Praise the Lord! The promise in 1 Peter 5:7 and Psalm 55:22 was such a comfort! Especially when doing His work for His glory, it is such a comfort to know that He is really the one who's bearing all the cares. And I've also come to realise how the tears of one man can bring about such great impact....

Then on Sunday, although there was no Friends Forever practice (yay!), I reached home only about 4pm because I attended Baby Dorothy's full moon party cum Joshua and Josiah's 6th birthday party. Baby Dorothy is such a beauty! So small and so fragile, yet so full of life.... Indeed, she is one of God's amazing creations. Really makes me marvel in awe at His greatness and superiority.

So, it has been two long days, exceptionally long days! And very tiring too! I went to college the next day (at 7.45am for CF committee meeting) feeling so tired and drained. I was literally dozing off in class! *oops!* And Miss Cumareson's voice in Literature class does not help at all.... However, it is a blessed assurance that when we come before Him, He will give us rest, as He has promised in Matthew 11:28. Very eventful 2/365!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dorcas, which MCd u went la? I help u go scold that worker, hehe.. Anyway, i just wish u all the best for your SAT results. I hope that the poor room conditions didn't really affect your performance. I'm sure u would obtain good results.

Yea, i agree that the Frens Forever performance was awesome. Indeed God works miracles for us. When we face problems such as freaking out, He guided us through it. We have to give all glory to Him.