Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Been thinking...

How effortlessly we point our fingers at those who nailed Jesus to the cross! The Romans who had to do what was politically correct then, and the Jews who had no room for the message of grace.

But what if Jesus comes now? Will our generation nail him to the cross just as they did? How will we respond to Him?

I can imagine those of us who will oppose His politically incorrect ways. I can imagine the skeptics in our midst who will sneer and jeer at the incomprehensible concept of grace. We have already crucified Him in our own ways. Like Bethlehem, we are too occupied to make room for the King.

What happens if Jesus comes today? I don't know. I don't wanna know. I am glad He came when he did, because it's always easier to look from the outside.

No comments: