Sunday, June 28, 2009

Grace like rain falls down on me

"Grace... the last good word in the English language."
-Philip Yancey, "What's So Amazing About Grace?"

My God is a holy God. He demands perfection and holiness. He commanded that we turn the other cheek, go the extra mile, and love our enemies, all of which I have failed miserably. Lust is to Him an act of adultery and hatred amounts to murder, and of course, I have not failed to do either. How can I please a holy God when my righteous acts are like filthy rags in His sight?

He knew I was never gonna be good enough for His standards, but He was more than good enough to me. I could not reach up, so God reached down.

He reached down and lifted me up from my wretched disposition. Grace like rain falls down on me. And I am drenched.

No comments: